Yield: 12 large muffins
1 cup sugar
4 ripe/overripe bananas (browning)
½ cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ⅔ cup white or brown rice flour
⅓ cup cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. xanthan gum
¼ cup chopped walnuts
¼ cup mini chocolate chips
2. Mash bananas in a medium size bowl and mix with sugar. Let sit for 15 minutes.
3. In another bowl, combine all dry ingredients well and chopped walnuts if desired.
4. In an electric mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla extract.
5. Add half of the dry mixture, then the banana-sugar mixture. Add the chocolate chips if desired. Add the other half of the dry. Mix well.
6. Evenly distribute the batter into the 12 sections and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick tests cleanly.